November 16, 2017

Brown-Sugar Ripple Bundt Cake ~ #BundtBakers

"Cake baking has to be, however innocently, one of the great culinary scams: it implies effort, it implies domestic prowess; but believe me, it's easy". Nigella Lawson



I have to be honest and say that even though I have lived in the US for over 20 years, I still don't understand football.  I'm really more of a basketball and volleyball fan.  When I found out that this month's theme was Punt the Bunt I was a little concerned that I would not be able to come up with something suitable, but luckily the theme also included picnics, family outings, and pot lucks.




This bundt appealed to me because of its simplicity.  It can be made just using a whisk, however I did use a simple hand mixer - no need to pull out Belle (my KitchenAid) for a marathon baking session. Once everything was measure this was in the oven in no time.  Do make sure that you spray the pan well because there is a chance that some of the brown sugar will work its way outside of the batter, and you do not want it to make the cake stick.





Loved this cake!  Next time I am going to make some roasted apple or pears and serve it with a little custard on the side.  It is definitely the perfect dessert for a pot luck.


If you would like to know more about #BundtBakers and see what the other bakers made for our Punt the Bundt theme please scroll down below the recipe.

Brown-Sugar Ripple Bundt Cake

Ingredients
  • 250g (8½ oz) butter, melted
  • 4 eggs, at room temperature, lightly whisked
  • 220g (1¼ cups) sugar
  • 5ml (1 teaspoon) natural vanilla essence or extract
  • 250ml (1¼ cups) buttermilk
  • 325g (2½ cups) self-raising flour
  • 50g (⅓) coffee flour (optional)
  • 165g (¾ cup) firmly packed dark brown sugar
Preparation
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350℉).
  2. Spray a bundt pan with baking spray; set aside.
  3. Place the butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and use a balloon whisk to whisk until evenly combined.
  4. Stir in the buttermilk.
  5. Add both flours and stir with the whisk until just combined.
  6. Spoon one-third of the cake batter into the prepared tin and use a tablespoon to spread evenly, pressing into the pan.
  7. Sprinkle with half the dark brown sugar.
  8. Add half the remaining cake batter, spreading evenly, and sprinkle with the remaining dark brown sugar.
  9. Top with the remaining cake batter, spreading evenly.
  10. Tap the tin firmly on the countertop to remove any excess air bubbles.
  11. Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Stand the cake in the tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
  12. Dust with powdered sugar.


BundtBakers



#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page. Our theme this month is Punt the Bundt, and mahalo nui loa to Sue from Palatable Pastime who was our host this month.

And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month ~



8 comments:

  1. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - what a nice cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that simple is often best, especially with cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way this looks like snow capped mountains. I'm also happy to see a cake recipe that uses self-rising flour. There's a bag on my counter that should be used quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and delicious!! it seems very moisty!! I love it!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Felice!! This bundt sounds delicious, I love brown sugar so I guess the taste. And the crown mold is one of my favourites. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! This cake sounds fantastic and I agree, it would taste even more amazing with apples, pears, and custard! It's nice to have a simple cake recipe that can be switched up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only the name of your Bundt cake sounds absolutely delicious! And seeing the pics of the inside, with the real brown sugar ripple, mmmmm :-) Definitely going to make this one, apart from delicious, such a easy recipe to make! Lara Tartacadabra

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cake looks delicious. Of course I love the last empty dish
    Lamejormanera

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.