November 20, 2013

Honey-Ginger Spiced Pecans



This is a super quick recipe that I whipped up to decorate my November cake from the Cake Slice Bakers. A quick search revealed a honey-glazed pecan recipe, and I added some ginger for an added kick.  They paired really well with the Applesauce Spice Cake, and I could not stop nibbling on the leftovers.  I think they would be a great addition to a salad too.

Honey-Ginger Spiced Pecans
(Printer Friendly Recipe)

Ingredients
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1½ cup pecans
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
  2. Whisk together honey and ginger, add pecans, tossing to coat well. 
  3. Spread pecans in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan and sprinkle with sugar. 
  4. Bake in middle of oven 15 minutes, then stir and bake 5 minutes more.
  5. Transfer while still warm to a sheet of parchment paper or foil and, working quickly, separate pecans with a fork. 
  6. Cool completely (about 1 hour) and remove nuts from parchment, breaking up any large pieces.
  7. Pecans keep, layered between parchment or wax paper in an airtight container, at room temperature 3 days.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious

1 comment:

  1. Love that this is a quicker way to enjoy candied nuts than the one I've used. They're soooo addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.