August 29, 2009

My Very First Post

It seems like everyone is doing it these days. Every time I turn around there is another person who admits to it. Some do it anonymously and others want the whole world to know about their escapades. Some do it every day, whilst others are more likely to try for once a week, or even once a month. For some it is all about the simple pleasures and for a few it is all about outrageous success. Some even go on to write a book or make a movie about it. So who am I to go against the popular trend of food blogging? I guess the easiest thing to do is to jump in test the water.

So, the easy part is done.  I have chosen the title of my blog and signed up, now what do I write about?  Most people say you should write what you know.  Of course this is easier said than done.  Should it really be this hard to get started?  And if it is, how am I going to get anywhere with this blog?

I am a mom of four who happens to love to cook.  Well, truthfully, I love to bake, but my family needs to eat every day so I cook.  Baking is what I find relaxing and rewarding.  There is something about seeing the look of bliss on someone's face after they have taken a bite of your banana bread, or scones, or brownies, or cheesecake, or........well you get the idea.  Even when the recipe does not work out exactly as I want I love that I still have a receptive audience in my family and friends who will happily eat my "mistakes".

I am hoping that this blog will give me a reason to open all of those cookbooks and food magazines that are sitting on my shelves gathering dust. Most have been lovingly read - I am guessing that I am not the only person in the world who reads cookbooks like they are novels - but I just haven't gotten around to actually cooking from many of them.  I also have a huge pile of "to try" recipes that I really should get around to actually trying.  Who knows what gems may be hidden in that pile of paper?

To be honest I don't really know how often I will be blogging.  Well, I do have an idea in my head but I don't want to jinx myself by saying (or blogging) it out loud and then not living up to my promise.  My hope is that I will blog about each new recipe I try and attach some photos.  I should tell you upfront that photography is not my forte but I will give it my best shot (no pun intended).  Seems easy enough doesn't it?

I am planning on trying my first new recipe tomorrow.  There is a friand recipe with my name on it.  Comments are welcome - especially encouraging ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.